Some tips for how to best approach yourCinque Terre trek.
1) CHOOSE THE ROUTE SUITABLE FOR YOU AND CHECK THE WEATHER.
2) WEAR SUITABLE CLOTHES AND REMEMBER THAT HIKING SHOES ARE MANDATORY!
3) DON’T FORGET: HAT, SUNSCREEN AND A CHANGE OF CLOTHES
4) CARRY PLENTY OF WATER WITH YOU: DRINK IN SMALL SIPS AND OFTEN. ALONG THE WAY YOU WILL NOT FIND MANY FOUNTAINS.
5) STOP AND REST FOR THE NECESSARY TIME AND REPLENISH MINERALS
6) KEEP RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR: EX. DON’T LIGHT FIRES
7) IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL 112, stay connected and DO NOT MOVE
Remember that with very high temperatures, it is advisable to walk at times suitable for the route. Try to avoid the 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. time slot.