Skip to content
08-MAGGIO-31-LUGLIO-600-×-300-px-400-×-200-px-3

Feast of St. Bernard at the oratory in the Lemmen locality.

HISTORY OF LEMMEN
Lemmen was one of the first hillside settlements that,together with the villages of Casen, Montenero, Casinagora and Sericò, gave rise to the present village of Riomaggiore. We find records of these settlements as early as 1251. Gradually these skilled vineyard growers began to move closer to the sea in order to facilitate the wine trade, thus giving rise to Riomaggiore.
To learn more, visit the Riomaggiore Municipality Documents and History page.

HOW TO GET TO LEMMEN
The Oratory of St. Bernard is located along the section of the SVA trail that connects Riomaggiore with Telegraph Hill, and from Lemmen there is an impressive panorama.
From Riomaggiore, the ascent is about 1h45 minutes’ walk with a hiking-type difficulty

Share this post
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn